Subject: Re: MacII EtherNet Woes (HELP!)
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1996 09:37:10
> how difficult would it be to get a kernal up and running on a Q660av
> using this ethernet card for which drivers exist and putting it in
> the NuBus adapter inside the 660.  I could load a kernal from the
> macos and do all paging and disk via the network over my local net
> to my IIci.

I don't think it would be all that difficult.  It might work without
any modification, maybe.  The kernel can't touch the 660's disk at all
(since there's no driver yet), so you don't have to worry about losing
its content even if the worst thing happens (what would it be?).
Then, why don't you try? :-)

ken