Subject: X still won't boot :-(
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Green <jtg@bbs.ausom.net.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/26/1996 02:47:32
Hi everyone (again),

Thanks for replying to my first message (X probs) everyone who replied...
but the thing still won't work :-(

I haven't had a chance to fetch and re-compile xterm, but I did try
commenting it out of all the init files it appeared in (~/.xinitrc).

When I try running X in single-user, I get a message that it can't open all
listening sockets (or something like that), and it gives up.

When I try to run in multi-user (as root), some message scrolls off the
screen really quick --- so quick I can't read it!  I've tried the things
I've heard on this list, including:- ldconfig -m /usr/X11R6/lib, running
the new and old Xmacbsd (the old works better), not running xterm, and
more.

Please help me!

           -==-
            JG