Subject: Re: MacII EtherNet Woes (HELP!)
To: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/1996 10:45:35
> So, there is good and/or bad convinations between installed nubus cards,
> I think.

Actually, the problem is the video card interrupts.  We currently only
enable nubus interrupts if an ethernet card is detected and configured.
The way nubus interrupts work, if I understand them right, is that when
a nubus interrupt is detected, all nubus interrupts must be cleared
(handled) or further interrupts will be lost.  Different video cards'
interrupts are cleared differently.  I think that if we can read the
driver off the card, we might be able to clear the interrupts correctly,
but I've never written that code.  If someone wants to, it would be a
big win.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **