Subject: SCSI problems/lockups
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1996 01:43:27
OK.  I have heard your messages about lockups.  I do see them once in a
while, myself.  I've taken a stab at fixing them, but I'm not sure if
I've got it...  The changes are checked in, I've updated my sources, and
I'm recompiling a test kernel for you folks.  It won't be ready for a
few hours, but when it is, it will be called

	ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd.scsi

I made no guarantees.  I've only run it on my IIsi, but I have pounded
it a bit reading and writing with linked commands enabled and it seems
to be hopping along nicely.

Thanks to Scott Reynolds, we'll soon have the option of using another
SCSI driver.  It's helped at least one person already...  ;-)

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>