Subject: Re: Motif.
To: Dave Mays <st92lbwr@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 21:04:25

> I am having some difficulties with a variety of X clients that I would
> like to compile.  They all want me to have Motif.  Where can I get this
> package?

Unfortunately Motif is a commercial product. :-( Your options are either
to pay for it (too expensive!), get the source from a place which has a site
license (like your company or school), or go with a thing called Lesstif,
a net substitute for Motif. Check the recent archives for current-users
for a big discussion about it. It's not quite running, but they're
getting close (things actually compile, they just don't run yet).

Take care,

Bill