Subject: Re: Intermittent lockups
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 19:10:19
> Lately, I've been having lots of trouble with my NetBSD box just locking
> up on me... usually the hard drive light stays on when it locks up, so I
> have a feeling it's maybe in the scsi code or something.
>
> The box is a IIci, with 16 megs of ram. I was using the internal 250 meg driv

I hate to say it, but "Me, too!".  I have an SE/30 with 8 meg
of ram.  (The odd things are 5 various SCSI drives, lapis
ProColorserver video card, and Daystar accelerator)

This machine worked flawlessly up until sometime after Nov.

I just completely reinstalled current, and now it hangs
on SCSI access when "Building Databases".  It will boot
into single user mode.  (Haven't tried to lock it up there yet)
I'm going to install on a different drive.  The original
is a Quantum 170ELS.

Kevin

|/     |)                   ~ Flight Management Systems Engineer
|\evin |\adke                ~ Rockwell-Collins Avionics
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
kmradke@fmsb.cca.rockwell.com ~  Iowa State University Grad