Subject: Re: Intermittent lockups (scsi)
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Coevoet Marc <mcoevoet@vub.ac.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 10:19:54

> I also have a IIci running NetBSD from an external Quantum 730 drive.  I
> have only had it lock up once in about 4 or 5 days during a disk access
> while trying to read mail in elm.  I was paging through a message and
> suddenly the drive light would not go off.  I am using the netbsd-scsifix
> kernel (GENERIC#14) off of puma at the moment.  Perhaps the fix to the
> SCSI driver is not quite done yet?  I have not tried any other drives
> yet.  I have a 40 MB Conner which I was planning to devote to NetBSD as
> well as part of the 730.  I'll have to try it and see.

Recently, I added an ole CDC 91Mb HD.  I run into the same problems
(I added a led indicator yesterday).  The HD is completely devoted
to Macbsd and when it gets too busy, the led remains *on*, the
system freezes...
And sometimes I get  scsi error 0 on it (with the netbsd11scsi-kernel).

When I build devices, does the Macbsdinstaller wants to know the type/
and/or speed of the HD on scsi #?

Marc
 Marc Coevoet, BFUCC                                 email: mcoevoet@vub.ac.be
 Adolphe Buyllaan 91,                                phone: ++ 32 2 650 37 07
 1050 Brussels, Belgium                              fax:   ++ 32 2 650 37 40
 http://orca.vub.ac.be/~mcoevoet