Subject: Re: Intermittent lockups
To: Kelly Campbell <camk@homer.spub.ksu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/23/1996 01:45:17
I also have a IIci running NetBSD from an external Quantum 730 drive.  I
have only had it lock up once in about 4 or 5 days during a disk access
while trying to read mail in elm.  I was paging through a message and
suddenly the drive light would not go off.  I am using the netbsd-scsifix
kernel (GENERIC#14) off of puma at the moment.  Perhaps the fix to the
SCSI driver is not quite done yet?  I have not tried any other drives
yet.  I have a 40 MB Conner which I was planning to devote to NetBSD as
well as part of the 730.  I'll have to try it and see.

Later.