Subject: Re: LC3 and ][e card
To: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1996 19:43:28

> On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>
> > Do you have documentation for the ][e file system structures? Given
>
> Sure do!  Got ProDOS docs up the whazoo...

Good! You stand a good chance of making it work. :-)

> > how popular it was, I bet it's out there. Oh, we are talking
> > hard disks, no? Since we can't read floppies, this route is the only
> > one available.
>
> What, no floppies?  Why not?  And, yes, of course hard disks.  I also got
> specs on ProDOS partitions...

The problem is that we don't have a floppy driver at present. Mainly
as floppy IO takes for ever and must be done w/ interupts off.
Basically the computer stops doing anything else besides looking
at the floppy drive. :-(

> > If you do have docs, then look at hfs, the MacOS-reading utility.
>
> Where in the sources is it?

ftp://puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us/pub/NetBSD/cray-ymp/progs

Take care,

Bill