Subject: Re: top
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/1996 19:57:55

> On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Angel Orille-Franz wrote:

> > Is there a tool like "top" for NetBSD, so that I'm able to see
> > the real amount of available memory?
> >
> > Angel Orille
> >

> Top installs easily for NetBSD, I did it for NetBSD/Mac68k, but
> see no reason that it should not install on other architectures.
> The installation was easy (either with no changes, or with
> obvius tweaks to installation procedure, I don't remember).

I have just finished compiling top on my system and had to do the
following things:

1) Comment out the declaration of sys_errlist[] in line 302 of utils.c
2) Add the line
	CFLAGS: -DHAVE_GETOPT
   to machine/m_netbsd10.desc in order to avoid nasty little declaration
   problems with getopt().  Note that this should be done _before_ running
   configure
3) Make the owner root and the group kmem, permissions 2755.  I had to do
   this manually since the install program seemed to not want to do so.

After that, it appears to work just fine.  No errors whatsoever.

Later.