Subject: Re: not enough ports!?
To: Adam Nicol Delu <abam@othello.sph.berkeley.edu>
From: David <david@southern.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1996 11:28:02
	Try:
		cd /dev
		./MAKEDEV pty0

	This should make the first 16 ptys, if you need more than 16, then
	./MAKEDEV pty1 should give you the next 16. If you need more than
	that, then in addition to probably needing to compile a new kernel
	(the standard kernel probably only has support for 32 ptys built in),
	I'd expect you'll be wanting a bigger machine :)

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
     >=- Microsoft asks you where you want to go. Unix gets you there -=<
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet mono.org >>>