Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 and SE/30
To: Matt Secaur <msecaur@amethyst.educ.kent.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1996 03:31:13
> 	I've just started to use NetBSD for mac, and have had very little
> experience with it.  I installed version 1.0 last week on an SE/30
[...]

> No internal video at address 0 -- videoaddr is 0xfee08040.
> Failure in BSD boot.  nextpa=0x106000, high[0]=0x100000.
> panic:  You're hosed!
>
> Stopped at            _Debugger+0x6:     unlk      a6
> db> unexpected trap; vector offset 0x0 from 0x739c0000.

Hm, I think I might have replied to a Mac II user with a wrong answer
to his problem.  He has exactly the same error message (at least the
last four lines).  Being on a Mac II made me think it was related to a
PMMU chip (or lack thereof), but if you have the same error on SE/30,
it makes me think that you might have accidentally turned off 32-bit
addressing mode in MacOS.  Make sure 32-bit addressing mode is turned
on.

ken