Subject: Re: IIcx?
To: None <KPATTERSON@DELTA.IS.TCU.EDU>
From: Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1996 14:07:18
Hello,

At 10:08 AM 96.1.18 -0600, KPATTERSON@DELTA.IS.TCU.EDU wrote:
>I went back and fiddled with some of the booter options (v1.8) and still cannot
>get the IIcx to successfully boot-up.  The machine is a regular IIcx with 5Meg
>of RAM.  It had an ethernet card in it but I removed it before installation to
>avoid as many problems as possible.  Let's see...the Root/Usr partition is
>60Meg and the Swap is 12Meg.  As for the Macintosh part, I have a *very*
>minimal system installed (copied the system folder from a 7.0.1 Disk Tools
>System disk and added a few control panels to move files over localtalk) could
>this be a problem?

Have you enabled the 32 bit addressing mode with MODE32 and the memory control
panel?

Mac II, IIcx, SE/30 need the 32 bit addressing mode enabled when booting
MacBSD.

I don't read README something of MacBSD 1.1 but it seems an explanation about
the 32 bit addressing mode is lacking in it.

Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO, M.D., Ph. D. - sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp
Department of Medicine I / Medical Information Center
Shiga University of Medical Science, Shiga, JAPAN
Tel +81-775-48-2213  FAX +81-775-43-5839