Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 and SE/30
To: Matt Secaur <msecaur@amethyst.educ.kent.edu>
From: Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1996 13:57:58
Hello,

I'm an user of SE/30 MacBSD 1.1.

At  7:23 PM 96.1.18 -0500, Matt Secaur wrote:
>Hello,
>        I've just started to use NetBSD for mac, and have had very little
>experience with it.  I installed version 1.0 last week on an SE/30 and,
>aside from frequent, unexplainable lock-ups, it worked very well.  I used
>MKFS to reformat the same partition in order to upgrade to version 1.1.
>I installed everything basically the same way, but when I go to boot
>NetBSD I get the following errors:

Did you enable the 32 bit addressing mode using MODE32 for system 7.5
and the memory control panel before booting?

Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO, M.D., Ph. D. - sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp
Department of Medicine I / Medical Information Center
Shiga University of Medical Science, Shiga, JAPAN
Tel +81-775-48-2213  FAX +81-775-43-5839