Subject: NetBSD 1.1 and SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Secaur <msecaur@amethyst.educ.kent.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1996 19:23:08
Hello,
	I've just started to use NetBSD for mac, and have had very little
experience with it.  I installed version 1.0 last week on an SE/30 and,
aside from frequent, unexplainable lock-ups, it worked very well.  I used
MKFS to reformat the same partition in order to upgrade to version 1.1.
I installed everything basically the same way, but when I go to boot
NetBSD I get the following errors:

No internal video at address 0 -- videoaddr is 0xfee08040.
Failure in BSD boot.  nextpa=0x106000, high[0]=0x100000.
panic:  You're hosed!

Stopped at            _Debugger+0x6:     unlk      a6
db> unexpected trap; vector offset 0x0 from 0x739c0000.

I read the information that came in the INSTALL file and the Release
Notes that came with the Booter 1.8, but none of those solutions seemed
to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
						--Matt--
--
     o o o o o o . . .      |Matthew J. Secaur      | ____========__||_

            http://amethyst.educ.kent.edu/~msecaur/index.html