Subject: New Ghostscript package
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1996 11:50:11
Well, there was a bug in my distribution of Ghostscript. I've uploaded
a new version, but the change is fairly simple.

For those who have already gotten a copy, here are change instructions.

1) cd to the install.stuff directory

2) cp makefile makefile.compile

3) edit makefile (use your favorite editor)

3a) Down on the last page, there is a line "install: $(GS)".
	Chop off the "$(GS)" part, so it reads "install:".

Fixed!

(The problem was the make file tried to make sure gs was up to date, which
failed as the source code isn't around. This patch says the make install
command should just install and assume everything's up-to-date.)

Oh, I also uploaded my current kernel. It has the serial port patches,
and might have the scsi patches. It also should have fpe, though
I can't really test it as I have an fpu. It also has unionfs
built in. :-) It runs my IIsi great. YMMV.

If you want the patched serial stuff and can't compile kernels, you're
welcome to it. Steve Allen (wormey@eskimo.com) has told me he expects
to get a new snapshot out soon, probably within two weeks (he hopes
sooner, but I won't make promises for him).  So please use it once
it's out. I don't really want to be in the kernel-making business.

Take care,

Bill