Subject: Re: Coolness and SCSI-ness
To: Dave Mays <st92lbwr@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1996 13:07:07

> So, I found out that the drive with ID #5 is also the 5th devide in MY
> chain.  I have 0,1,2,4,5 on my bus.  So, it's sd4a.  Very cool, thanks
> for all the help.....  I had an interesting time getting that all sorted
> out.  Now that I have a nice STABLE netbsd box, I want applications!  I
> guess I can find some stuff at ftp.sunet.se?  But where is there a large
> pile of netbsd ports of things like pine/elm/emacs/pico etc....?  Also,
> I'm having a hard time with the serial port.  I've only gotten a couple
> of fifo overruns, but the main thing is that when I run cu, it hangs and
> I'm hosed.  Not *always* but most of the time.  Any ideas?

I'm not sure where all the ftp sites are, but puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us
(Allen's machine) is one of the good ones. Also, we're compatable with
NetBSD for the sun, amiga, and atari, so use some of their binaries
too. :-)

Something's up w/ cu. I've stoped using it. I either use tip to
talk directly to the port, or just use ppp. It doesn't have problems
(other than the fifo ones). Also, we've fixed the fifo problem. It's
just a matter of people getting new kernels. :-)

Take care,

Bill