Subject: Re[2]: Booting my IIsi bomb seriously
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <msjoelin@cap.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1996 09:50:55
     Matt said:

>OK. Here's my $0.02 now that my netbsd1.1 is working :)
    =20
>This is very similar if not exactly the first problem I was having (I have=
=20
>a IIci though).   To get past the PRAM error, I reduced the RAM in the=20
>booter by 1Mb.  (as is instructed for old versions running on the IIci. =20
>People told me this was outdated, but it seemed to affect something).  Thi=
s=20
>effectively got me one step further where It would say "Automatic Boot in=20
>Progress. Starting File System Checks"  Then everything would stop.

Weeell. It works for me now. I did just the opposite... I followed the=20
advice to manually set the memory to 1MB less than I had from the start and=
=20
it refused to boot. At last I tried with setting the memory to automatic an=
d=20
it works! It works fine, but it's very slow... But I think I'll crank up th=
e=20
memory to at least 16 megs. It also works fine with the #50 kernel. And I=20
found an Asante ethernet card I could use as well. It works fine! I get=20
about 350k transfer rate when transfering from an old 16 MHz 386 sx running=
=20
FreeBSD across our network.

Regards/Michael
    =20