Subject: mounting a drive
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Forsyth <forsytad@martin.luther.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1996 14:19:03
I have BSD on my powerbook 165.  I'm using a custom kernel, and access it
through a terminal (adb isn't quite working yet from what I'm told).  I
have my unix partition on a Syquest EZ135.  When the sytem boots into
single user, the root partition comes up as read only.  Refering to the
faq, i tried mount -u / at the prompt.  It states that
ufs: /dev/sd2a on /: specified device doesn't match mounted device.
Booting in multi user gets errors, and then reverts to single user with
read only partition.

The question is:  How to I make my root partition read write.
do I need to edit fstab?

ps. I'm kind of a newbie to unix so please try not to talk too muck over
my head on your

Thanks

,oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
0       Adam Forsyth        0                                0
0  Luther College SPO 713   0   e-mail: forsytad@luther.edu  0
0    Decorah IA  52101      0    phone: (319) 387-2489       0
0oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo0
0    web: http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/73086/home.html    0
`oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'