Subject: How to dial modem?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Schmidt <schmidt.180@osu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1996 22:23:50
Can anyone help me with dialing a modem and setting up a SLIP connection?

According to one of the files on the puma web site, you're supposed to do
"cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 9600" and then a modem init command and the dialing
command, and after logging in, use the slattach command.  However, as soon
as I do the cu command, my system crashes.

So instead, I tried the "tip" command.  I have this entry in /etc/remote:

osu:dv=/dev/tty00:cu=/dev/tty00:\
        :br#9600:at=hayes:du:pn=7229900:

When I type "tip osu" I simply get "link down".  Any idea what I'm doing
wrong?  And, once I dial out successfully, how do I set up the SLIP
connection?

And while I'm at it, I've seen a few people talk about scrolling.  What are
they referring to?  How does one scroll the screen in NetBSD?

(I'm running 1.1 on a 17M IIsi)

Thanks again for your time.
    Tim

______ Tim Schmidt ______
The Ohio State University // Doc: Are you troubled by impure thoughts?
schmidt.180@osu.edu // Patient: To tell the truth, I rather enjoy them!