Subject: Re: Success and Qs
To: Joshua Krage <jkrage@access.digex.net>
From: Angel Orille-Franz <Angel.Orille@extern.lrz-muenchen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1996 14:00:36
On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Joshua Krage wrote:

> Another question just occurred...  I've heard that someone managed to
> get an X11 version running on NetBSD...  true?  If so, I'd be interested
> in the in more details (version, hardware, any difficulties?).  I'm
> thinking that X11R6 on my IIsi (9 Mb, FPU) is gonna be slow regardless. :/
>
> TIA, and keep up the good work!

Yes. I've the X.11Mar95.tgz package installed on a Mac SE/30 (8MB)
(Sorry, I forgot from wich server I got it, but you may look
at an archie-server quering for X.11Mar95.tgz).

The version of the X-Server is X11R6 and it uses twm as window-manager
and comes along with a couple of binaries.
Furtheron I've compiled fvwm, xterm (the xterm included in this package
didn't work on the SE/30), xli using gcc-2.4.5
without any problems (I took the sources from a Linux-Sunsite Mirror).

Working speed: fast!

Greetings,
Angel Orille