Subject: IIci woes (was Re: Does 1.1 work with IIci?)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark D. Fitzsimmons <macfitz+@pitt.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1996 16:51:28
David A. Gatwood wrote:

>2.  Which kernel?  The regular kernel doesn't like IIci's....  Try
>ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/~wormey/netbsd/kernels/netbsd.generic_50.tar.gz
>or the highest number if there's been a new one added since I was there
>last.  There also were some NFS kernels at that location that worked
>better for a while.  I don't know about their functionality anymore,
>though.

I guess that was my initial question.  As far as I can tell, none of the
kernels is individually documented except with cursory comments about unix
internals that I have no knowledge of.  So, to rephrase the question: which
kernels work with a vanilla IIci-internal video? (And do the other binaries
have to match the version of the kernel?)

Stefan Claesen wrote:

>My Vanilla IIci is fine with NetBSD1.1. Try typing vt100 or vt220 at the
>terminal prompt.

This response suggests that 1.1 works on the IIci.  Therefore, the question
becomes what am I doing wrong?  I had 1.0-patched working a while back, but
I've having trouble regaining the glory of past months.

(Basically, it doesn't matter whether vt100 or vt220 is selected; the
system crashes on the first screen scroll.  Typing "clear does not change
this.)

Many thanks for all of the responses.

-Mark