Subject: serial ports and my IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolf Dieter Brandt <brandt@physik3.gwdg.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1996 11:19:33
Hi !

I have installed netbsd 1.1 and the latest kernel from

ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/~wormey/netbsd/kernels/netbsd.GENERIC_50.tar.gz.

I have activated the serial line in /etc/ttys (9600 baud), have connected my IIci with my
Q650/MacOS 7.5.x with a original apple printer cable. I use Zterm on the Quadra,
(Terminal settings: 9600 baud 8N1). Now I see something like the login prompt. Some
characters are translated/displayed correctly, OTHERS NOT? I can log in, use all the
system commands (more or less blind). I can follow my remote actions on the IIci console.
What is wrong? Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,

Wolf