Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.1 on IIsi?
To: Tim Schmidt <schmidt.180@osu.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1996 20:43:21
On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Tim Schmidt wrote:

> Has anyone run NetBSD 1.1 on a Mac IIsi?

Yes.  Regularly.

> I've already mailed this info to Mr. Briggs, but I was just wondering if
> anyone else has gotten 1.1 to run successfully on a IIsi, or if anyone can
> give me any suggestions.  Unfortunately, I don't understand what those
> errors mean, so don't even know what to look for.
>
> My system:  68030 IIsi, 17M RAM (1M for internal video, so I tell NetBSD I
> have 16M),

Okay, make sure you give the kernel full memory.  It'll puke if you
don't.   That may be what's happening here, though I'm not sure.  The 1MB
change only applies to pre-1.1 binaries.

NuBus Adapter w/FPU, 40M internal (MacOS) drive, 105M external
> (NetBSD) drive.

You're not running with virtual memory or any extensions, are you?
Try changing the kernel to give it all 17 megs and give it another shot.

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |