Subject: Does 1.1 work with IIci?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark D. Fitzsimmons <macfitz+@pitt.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1996 18:15:30
Greetings-

I downloaded BSD 1.1 yesterday and tried an install.

The booting process procedes nicely, apparently recognizing all of the
hardware correctly, but chokes when it asks for the terminal type (single
user mode).  If I type "tty", it responds something about being
unrecognized.  A second attempt hangs the machine.  The second attempt
coincides with the first opportunity to scroll the screen.  Seems to me
that it doesn't like to scroll.

I have a vanilla IIci w/8MB RAM, internal video, 250MB HD w/~110MB BSD
partition.  Video is set to one bit and 32 bit addressing (apparently
vital) is on.  No extensions in 7.1 (boots fast relative to my 9500!).

I installed base, etc, and the kernal and successfully built the devices.
I used the mac-side software from 1.0 except that I used Booter 1.8.

Any ideas? Thanks.

-Mark

Mark D. Fitzsimmons, Ph.D.
Reseach Assistant Professor