Subject: Re: laser printers
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard C. Graul <graul@netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1996 21:26:49
>> Apple LaserWriter 4/600, and
>> HP LaserJet 5MP.

>> I assume that these printers will be compatible with NetBSD, since they
>> are PostScript printers.  If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

>The 5MP has two parallel ports and an AppleTalk ports, but it lacks
>the asyncronous serial port you would need to use it from NetBSD.

Thanks for this information.

Looking at the Apple sales brochure, it seems that the LaserWriter 4/600
also lacks a serial port.  However, the LaserWriter Select 360 does have
one.  Therefore, the Select 360  might be a good choice for a 600 dpi
laser printer which is compatible with both Mac OS and NetBSD.

Does anyone know if the Select 360 is compatible with NetBSD?

Rick