Subject: LCII adb problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kelly Campbell <camk@homer.spub.ksu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/06/1996 15:05:53
I've been trying to get NetBSD to boot on my LCII and it is having trouble
in the adb initialization stages. The last place that it gets to is
ADBAlternateInit. It stops somewhere in that assembly routine. I'm not sure if
it stops when calling mrg_ADBAlternateInit, or before that.

I've tried to compile a kernel with tracing turned on, but there's a few
errors in the compile that it's not able to get past. I'm not familiar with
the gas asm format. What is the % before a register? I had assumed it was
imidiate addressing mode, which would probably cause this assembly routine
to halt the processor:

                        movl    %0, a1
                        movl    %1, a3
                        jbsr    a1@

I'm reading that as
			MOVE.L	#$0, A1
			MOVE.L 	#$1, A3
			JSR	(A1)

Is that a correct interpretation? If it is, then it is jumping to address 0.

I've tried the adb kernel that I got from ftp.microserve.com, but it halts at
ADBReInit.

Thanks for any help,
Kelly