Subject: Generic #47 and #50 observations
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/03/1996 08:55:43
A few things I'm still noticing with 1.1 binaries and GENERIC #50 from eskimo:

I still can't fsck clean a filesystem on a SyQuest 200Mb. Whether mounted,
umounted, multi user, single user (it's not root) the machine hangs when
marking it clean, with the SyQuests inuse light on.

Serial still looks nasty, baud rate still seems a titch out. I'm trying it to
a Data General vt200 - I'll try my PowerBook and/or modem tonight.

Console beeps were hanging my system with GENERIC #47 - this appears to have
gone away with GENERIC #50.

All in all, my system seems to run quicker with 1.1 compared to a current from
August, and all the add-ons that I have built myself still run fine - jove, dt,
xv, seyon, xlock, top (recompile), gcc 2.7.0, sz, rz... Great Job Guys!

Anyway, tonight I'm going to play some more with it, and I may try doing a
"cleaner" install just in case I'm using an old binary somewhere - thats one
danger of installing on top of a system even if its inactive.

By the way, this is with a 17Mb IIsi + FPU - the SCSI chain is the only bizzare
part of the system - but it runs fine with the August binaries and MacOS.

regards,
--
   /\/\     Paul Ripke
  / / /\    BHP Information Technology