Subject: booter 1.9 on Duo230
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1995 00:17:52
Well, I finally got the Symantec C compiler installed on my Duo 230, and
was able to trace the boot sequence.  Here is what I discovered:
  First, in the killAllApps function, you should not directly
compare the structures  me & psn.  Instead,
there is a function that you should use to determine if two PSN's
refer to the same application.  It is in the Inside Macintosh - processes
reference in the GetNextProcess function description. I don't have access
to it  right now, but will look it up if needed.

  Second, I discovered that the booter would always hang on the FlushExtCache
call.  I tried skipping and the DisableExtCache functions, only to see
it hang on the ShutDwnInstall call.  If I skip that, it shuts down very
sweetly and restarts.

   BTW, I'm also skipping the killAllApps function.  Is that a problem?

Rich