Subject: Got Colour Classic booting!
To: macbsd <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Coevoet Marc <mcoevoet@vub.ac.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1995 21:44:23
For some weeks, I fetched all of the kernels I could get, and
finally my machine boots with the "for.jim" kernel (don't know
where I fetched that indiscretely..)
I have a Colour Classic 6Mb RAM, fpu.  I use an external terminal...

It is strange, but trying to go multiuser doesn't work yet:
on both the Mac II and the Colour Classic I get:

(rc and rc.local completely executed, I traced that)
kernel security level from 0 to 1
panic: kernel jump to 0
... unlk a6
debugger>

Anybody?

BTW, all other kernels stop booting at
moving video $hex $hex
(except for the for.mays kernel, that doesn't go as far in
multiuser as the for.jim kernel)

Marc
 Marc Coevoet, BFUCC                                 email: mcoevoet@vub.ac.be
 Adolphe Buyllaan 91,                                phone: ++ 32 2 650 37 07
 1050 Brussels, Belgium                              fax:   ++ 32 2 650 37 40
 http://orca.vub.ac.be/~mcoevoet