Subject: Focus Ethernet Cards
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1995 17:19:18
I have been struggling with a Focus ethernet card in my Mac II. The kernel
recognizes the card during boot up, although there is a small problem. I
upgraded the card from 16k to 64k of memory, and the kernel only recognizes
32k. I went back to 16k and the kernel correctly reports 16k. That's where
I am now.

ifconfig seems to work fine, all the configuration seems to work.

The problem is that I can ping the card and everything is fine, but if I
try to send anything out through ae0, where the card is, the machine hangs,
and I have to reboot.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? I am a little worried
about playing around with this too much, because each time the machine
hangs, the filesystem gets beat up, and once in a while it messes up the
mac partition too.

Nevertheless, I'm willing to try anything anyone can suggest to try to get
the thing running. Having an ethernet port would make things -much- more
useful.

Happy New Year to all.

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Fax    (716) 262-3906

Rochester, NY 14614                           Home   (716) 377-4624