Subject: X11R6 & FPU emulation
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Kennedy <chrisk@scsn.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/29/1995 17:02:53
I'm a newbie. I've been lurkin' on the list 4 awhile. I have a quick
question: I'm usin' Steve Allen's GENERIC kernel 50 on a Performa 600 with
20 MB RAM, 160 MB HD (10MB swap, 80 MB MacBSD partition & a 70 MB Mac
partition), internal video (thank God), a Zip Drive, an Extended Keyboard
II and an ADB mouse I. When I try 2 run X with the set path method I get
either an error havin' 2 do with FPU emulation (it breaks in2 the debugger)
or somethin' sayin' "xinit: not found". If I type (yes, it's in /usr)
"/usr/X11R6/bin/X" or "/usr/X11R6/bin/startx" I get a message sayin' that X
can't create any sockets & that mayB an X server is already runnin'. Any
suggestions? Thanx.

C\

What's the software *least* pirated through out the world? Microsoft
products. The reason: it's not the anti-piracy precautions Microsoft
takes...it's just the fact that nobody wants them!