Subject: DayStar 040 on IIsi
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Ripke <weripp@itwol.bhp.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/28/1995 17:12:34
Okay,

I've taken the plunge and got myself a DayStar 40MHz 040 (with FPU), and I'm
going to start trying to get NetBSD running on it. I have only had a quick
go so far - just enough to verify it does not work - and I'm in the process
of upgrading my stable July-Sept version to NetBSD 1.1+.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any pointers as to 040 compatibility in the
kernel. I saw todays message regarding the TC MMU register, and I presume the
040 MMU will be my major hitch.

Until now I haven't had the motivation to look at or compile kernel sources,
but I haven't done any serious coding for about a month, and my fingers are
getting itchy... I'll let you all know how it goes.

PS: Anyone tried compiling kernels with GCC 2.7.0? Yes, I know 2.7.2 is
around, but I short of disk space, and the last build took about 10 hours
cpu... and downloading can be a bit of a chore.

--
   /\/\     Paul Ripke
  / / /\    BHP Information Technology