Subject: kernel for IIci
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jay Yanek <Jyanek@cris.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/27/1995 11:11:31
Earlier, I posted with having problems getting NetBSD running on a IIci.
My only recourse was to install the NFS kernel from eskimo, although this
kernel would not run 'cu' correctly.

At the advise from some on this list, I recompiled the kernel using the
latest source (I think > dec 14th).  The new GENERIC kernel works well
'out of the box' on my IIci, and I can now get 'cu' working.  Ftp,
telnet, etc. all work well.

I'll let you all figure out what the new GENERIC kernel has that the old
'out of the box' netbsd11 kernel does not.  Perhaps this will help some
of the IIci owners out there.

Jay Yanek
IIci, 8mb ram, cache, internal video.