Subject: Xmacbsd.950912 w/2 displays
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/22/1995 01:23:42
Hi,

I tried Xmacbsd.950912 because Xmosaic refuses to accept 'a' key
but I found a strange error with the X server.

It tries to open /dev/grf2 (not 0, not 1, but 2) and of course fails.
/dev/MAKEDEV doesn't know how to make grf2, so I mknod'ed it by hand
(mknod grf2 c 10 2), and tried X again.  It started but it can't
draw on the display :0.1; I can only use :0.0.

:0.0 is XCEED SE/30, and :0.1 is SE/30 internal.  The old Xmacbsd runs
fine as far as the displays are concerned.

This will be my last bug report this year ;-)

Have a happy holidays, everyone.

ken