Subject: Re: SwapMMUMode
To: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1995 21:41:21
On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Rick C. Petty wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:
>
> Does it say the trap #?

Yeah.  SwapMMUMode: Trap=$A05D

You can check the current mode by looking in Low Mem.  Location is:

MMU32bit	EQU $0CB2

Possible values:

false32b	EQU 0
true32b 	EQU 1

FYI, I have confirmed a value of 1 on a 32 bit system, though I don't
have a 24-bit system to test on except my PB145 and I don't have FB
installed on it's micro hard-drive (40 Mb).

It shouldn't be hard to check that and make the call if necesary.  I
suspect that's most of what MODE32 does.  It's part of the OU OS
Utilities (manager).  It seems call-able in C with SwapMMUMode(); or in
Assembly with _SwapMMUMode.  Hope this means something to someone.

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |