Subject: Re: ResEdit Disassembler
To: Steve Allen <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@insoft.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1995 18:31:41
On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Steve Allen wrote:

> I just did a bit of research, opened up a program with ResEdit 2.1.3,
> double-clicked the Code icon, double-clicked a resource, and it came
> up in the hex editor.  No way I can see of getting disassembly out of
> it.  None of the available templates seem to apply.

I just checked ResEdit 2.1.1, although I have seen it in 2.1.3 also.
Open a code resource, select one of them, and then choose the
Resource->Open Resource Editor item (for disassembly) or the
Resource->Open Hex Editor item (for hex output) or both.

Maybe I just happen to have a copy that already has the optional code
dissembler installed? I never thought it was optional but....?

	--John

 John Wittkoski				InSoft, Inc.
 Senior Systems Engineer                Phone: (717) 730-9501
 Email: jpw@insoft.com                  Fax  : (717) 730-9504