Subject: Booting from .... a Mac II ?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Coevoet Marc <mcoevoet@vub.ac.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1995 22:12:27
Me again.  Now saved a Mac II from the dustbin.
Have 68851, 68881, 5Mb Ram.  Booting in netbsd11
gives the same result as from the scsi-sercon kernel,
exept that with netbsd11 I get into the debugger with
an infinitly repeated message.
Here's what happens:
(just mentioning what differs with what I've seen before)
mrg: kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine!
adb: no ROM adb driver in this kernel for this machine.
scsibus at0 at ncrscsibus0
ncrscsibus0 targ 0 lun 0: <QUANTUM, CTS80S, 4.07> SCSI 2 0/direct fixed
sd0 at scsibus0 ......
ncr96scsi0 at mainbus0 not configured  (???)
asc0 ..
fpu0 detected...
Changing root device to sd0a.
I/O map kludge for old ROMs that use hardware addresses directly.
PRAM time does not appear to have been read correctly.
PRAM: 0x83da4f80, macos_boottime: 0x30d9c931.
<freeze, no keyboard reacts>

I've been using booter 1.9, and because I started to
think that this booter had added some parameters
(it could kinda rehash the params into the old kernel),
I also used 1.8; same results.
It would be a good idea to set up a list of working
machinetype(cpu,fpu,eth,video)  &  booter  &  kernel

Marc
(once booted, I will give such things as gcc-2.7.2, tex a shot
I suppose this should be possible using the comp11 *inside*?
Would the person that setup a cross-comp env on a sgi please
contact me? We have IRIX5.3.  With this it would be possible
to get ADA-macbsd going)
 Marc Coevoet, BFUCC                                 email: mcoevoet@vub.ac.be
 Adolphe Buyllaan 91,                                phone: ++ 32 2 650 37 07
 1050 Brussels, Belgium                              fax:   ++ 32 2 650 37 40
 http://orca.vub.ac.be/~mcoevoet