Subject: how to get a ethernet card working?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Kelm <kelm@physik.TU-Berlin.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1995 21:49:01
Hello,
I installed a Dayna Etherport II in my IIci (it is 8390-based).
But how do I configure the card?

I think the device has to be ed0 (because "man -k device" shows up ed as
a driver for those cards) If I try to ifconfig it I get the
message tha the device is not configured. Then I tried MAKEDEV and tried
to build the device from the mac-side via installer - failed.

What am I doing wrong?

THanks                                   Peter

         --- beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks ---
                                                        Plan B
Peter Kelm (kelm@physik.tu-berlin.de)

Technical University Berlin
Physics Department