Subject: MemTop
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1995 16:55:37
On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu> wrote:

> > There are gestalt calls for it, but the problem is how to determine it
> > in the first place...  I think the ROM does it as part of the power-on
> > sequence and it stores it in some low-memory global or something.
> > Perhaps.
>
> Try: MemTop EQU $108        ; top of memory [pointer]
> From: Encyclopedic Mac Rom p.897.

I'm not sure about that.  It _should_ be the amount of RAM, but I never
believe it.  Today I checked my MemTop, and it told me that I had 1.53 Meg
of RAM, which I know is incorrect:  I have 4 real and 12 virtual...
Besides, a short program like the one I mentioned should take too much to
implement???

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy
 email: pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu
   WWW:     http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/