Subject: Re: IWM vs SIWM
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@eng.umd.edu>
From: Joel Klecker <jklecker@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/21/1995 03:02:18
At 2:42 AM 12/21/95, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:
>Does any one have a list of which machines have what floppy drive controller?
>I am particularly interested in which controller (IWM or SIWM) is in the mac SE
>and mac IIci.  An old copy of the Mac hardware ref manual seems to explain how
>to write to the floppy disk.
>
>---------
>Christopher R. Bowman
>crb@eng.umd.edu
>My home page
I don't have a list, but I believe that any mac with an 800k drive has an
IWM, and with the exception of some of the newer macs(newer than any that
run MacBSD), every mac with a 1.44MB drive has a SWIM. So, for the SE it
depends on which type of drive it has, and the ci has a SWIM.
Warning: I may be incorrect on some of this.

--
Joel Klecker                                   mailto:jklecker@pobox.com
Admin of linux-alpha@vger.rutgers.edu