Subject: Re: Native boot [was Booter 1.8]
To: Shawn Pearce <spearce@injersey.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/1995 22:31:33
> Well, if someone can point me to the current source....  I'll work on
> getting color up, becuase I don't got a Q700 to work on...  But I do have a
> IIvx that boots MacBSD in color mode ok.

As someone else mentioned, the source is on ftp.netbsd.org.  But the
specific problem is that we can't run X in color; we can boot &
run the terminal (ite console) w/o problem when the monitor's
in 8-bit mode. But we can't, at present, change the color sets once
we're up in NetBSD. :-( That's why we can't run X in 8-bit right now.

We need to get the slot manager going to be able to call the drivers
on the cards, since only they know how to update the color maps.

Take care,

Bill