Subject: Installing 1.1 and tar errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/1995 16:23:18
Well, my final exams ended today, and I finally got around to installing
netbsd1.1.  I took all the *11 files shoved them in /tmp and one at a time
I gunziped them and untared them.  Question:  I got alot of could not create
symlink to xx: file exists errors.  is it safe to ignore them?  I mean if
it's a soft link it shouldn't matter unless the link should point somewhere
else (is this likely?) and if it is a hard link when tar over writes the
target of the link the symlink contents get updated automatically right?

If this was not a good way to do the install is there a better one?  I am a
little tight on space.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu