Subject: Re: IIci users!
To: Les van Kanten <les@deltanet.com>
From: Adam Nicol Delu (Web Information Group) <abam@ohwig01.houston.omnes.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/19/1995 09:32:21
On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, Les van Kanten wrote:

> >I need a favor from all of you running IIci's under NetBSD.
> >
> >Several people with IIci's have reported vm_faults booting with kernels
> >built in the last few months.  I need some help from you to track it
> >down.  Please fill out the following info and send it back to me--whether
> >you see the problem or not.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >-allen
> >
> >Do you see this problem in your IIci?

Yes. I have this problem too, but only when I use internal video.  If I
use my Nubus video card, I'm fine.

> >How much RAM do you have?  How much in bank A?  B?  What speed SIMMs?

8, 1MB SIMMS in eight slots

> >What NuBus cards do you have in the machine?

E-machines 16" video card (with a 13" RGB monitor).  Asante etherenet card
with 32K cache (which prevents a boot when the former is used).  64K cache
card.

> None.
>
> >What video are you using (internal/nubus/both)?

External.  I only get the error on internal video, even if I yank my
ethernet card, cache card and nubus video card!

> Internal
>
> >Cache card?

yes.  I tried booting without and no luck.

> Yes, and I have tried booting without it, no luck.
>
> >Anything else that you think might be relevant?  (Dates of
> >working/non-working kernels/etc.)

Only have tried with NetBSD 1.1.  Nov 18 build?

> -Les

Adam Nicol Delu                                              Omnes-Houston
Web Information Group            A Schlumberger / Cable & Wireless Company
tel: 1 713 513 3249                             5599 San Felipe, Suite 400
fax: 1 713 513 3126                                      Houston, TX 77056
e-mail: delu@houston.omnes.net                                       U.S.A.