Subject: [fwd] Re: Lockup when choosing shell
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Barthel <tcb@ibs.uscs.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1995 14:30:14
Tim Barthel writes:

> Please site your entire configuration for comparison purposes. I think
> specifically video and memory are important. Thanks.

Mac IIci
32MB (8x4MB-80NS)
Cache card
Internal video
Asante MacCON TP (AUI/UTP, new NIC)
Internal Maxtor 200MB SCSI
External IBM 1GB SCSI
Apple Extended Keyboard (though works fine without it)
Apple 13" HI-RES (sic) monitor (works fine with just vga converter)

Oh, the Asante is the only NuBus card in the box, located in the
innermost slot.

Extensions:
	zero
Control Panels:
	zero
Startup:
	Booter 1.8
Video:
	1bit
Addressing:
	32bit ('course)
VM:
	NOT!

Oh, and my serial console is working now. (thanks Bill) I had to
modify /etc/ttys and turn /dev/console _on_ and /dev/ttye0 _off_ 'cuz
I was getting 'kernel jump to zero' then getty tried to open /dev/ttye0.
Seems like /dev/ttye0 should have returned an error, and getty done the
old "getty looping too often" type error.

Anything else?

- -Andrew

Andrew, as you wish.

Tim