Subject: Re: Can't boot NetBSD11
To: Les van Kanten <les@deltanet.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1995 19:29:06
On Sun, 17 Dec 1995, Les van Kanten wrote:

> >Finally, to end with another question, is this the *standard* netbsd11
> >distribution or one of the patched ones?  I don't know off hand which
> >kernel is best matched to a IIci.  Anyone?
>
> I believe it is the standard one. I got it from
> ftp://ftp.iastate.edu/pub/netbsd/NetBSD-1.1/mac68k/
>
> I've also tried it with my cache card removed and multi-user.
> This time I got a vm_fault message and it hung.
>
> I still can't get it to boot. I've tried all I can think of. Help!
>
> -Les

Try the IIci patched versions of the kernel available on eskimo.  BTW,
you did remember to create a swap partition, didn't you?  With an 8 Meg
system, you'll need a swap partition of 16 megs.  If you haven't created
one, use HD SC Setup or APT to create one.  Don't do a mkfs on it.  If
you accidentaly did a mkfs, delete the partition and create a new one.
After the swap partition is in place, you must build devices again in
order for NetBSD to recognize it.  (Correct me if I'm wrong about that.)

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |
<SIG>                                                                   |
|               The only difference between life and death              |
|                  is that life will eventually end....                 |
|_______________________________________________________________________|
|     THE ELEVENTH COMMANDMENT:         |   If there is one constant    |
|                                       |       in this universe,       |
|         And the Lord Said,            |          it is death.         |
|        Thou Shalt Not Quote           |            --Soran,           |
|            signatures....          ___|___   Star Trek Generations    |
|___________________________________|  ,,,  |---------------------------|
|                                     |o o|                             |
|/-------------------------------vvv--'-v-'--vvv-----------------------\|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|
|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|_|
|___|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|______|____|
|_|______|______|      La vie...  est interessante        |______|______|
|______|______|_|      La mort... est interessante        |____|______|_|
|___|______|____|      Mais cela... ce n'est rien!        |_|______|____|
|______|______|_|  ...Much learning doth make thee mad.   |____|______|_|

You can use pgp to send me encrypted messages using my public key (below).

</SIG>