Subject: [Q]How to mknod ae0
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mamoru Yamanishi <yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/18/1995 09:37:51
How do you do, everyone.

Please don't laugh me for my primitive question.

I could run MacBSD1.1 on my IIci without any difficulties.
The next thing I wish is to connect it to ethernet.
I tried "ifconfig..." but I got "Device not configured" error.
The reason seemed that there was no "/dev/ae0" special file.
The binnary packages and utilities that I got neigher has nor
produce such a special file.

Please tell me how to make/mknod /dev/ae0.
Shall I use "mknod" to do so?  If so, I donot know the parameters.

(I intended to solve this within the domestic news groups, but cannot.
 The news deliverly might be stopped?)

Mamoru Yamanishi
<yama@radical.biotech.okayama-u.ac.jp>
Okayama University