Subject: Re: Native boot [was Booter 1.8]
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/17/1995 18:34:27
>On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, Shawn Pearce wrote:
>
>> Yes, and since the mac will _NOT_ boot to anything other than an HFS
>> partition with a blessed system folder, this is the closest way to boot
>> without making a "fake" macOS.  Way to hard - I'd never ask for that do be
>> done.
>>
>A question out of ignorance: Does (did?) AUX boot natively or from a
>running Mac OS? Is there anything to learn from AUX with regard to booting
>a Unix system on Macintosh hardware?
>
>From A/UX install guide:

Setting A/UX 3.0 to start automatically whenever you turn on your computer:

[snip snip]

Step 3: Slect the A/UX Startup icon.

step 4: Choose make Alias form the File menu.
        You are making an alias of the A/UX Startup program to put in the
Startup Items folder.

[snip snip]

Guess that pretty much says it all :-)

Best regards,
Thomas

| Thomas Bjorn Andersen, bjorn@daimi.aau.dk                  |
| http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/                            |
My name is Mud, but call me Aloysius Devadander Abercrombie.
                                                 -- Primus