Subject: Re: >(Ijust love Rommie ;-)????
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1995 15:48:59
On Sat, 16 Dec 1995, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Chris Mason wrote:
> >
> > Isn't AWACS a semi-experimental jet aircraft that does wide area radar
>
> AFAIK, that's it. But I thought it has been in service for many years
> (like 10 or 15),

The experimental line was referring to the last time they trusted one
re: three U.S. helicopters ID'ed as enemy hueys.  Officially, I doubt it
is... but in my book, until it works consistently, it's experimental.
I call the stealth bomber experimental, too.  It's been around for
several years, but it's rumored to have been picked up by Iraq's radar -- I
believe three times, but it might have only been two.

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |