Subject: Re: Native boot [was Booter 1.8]
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz <davagatw@mars.utm.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/16/1995 13:35:38
> Just avoid the video ram.  It shouldn't be that hard to avoid.  Start at
> 2 MB.  Why not?

Feel free to try it, yourself.
If you get something that works, please let me know about it.

We still have the problem of deciphering the RAM arrangement on machines
like the IIsi where it's banked.  We don't know how much is currently
being used by the internal video, etc., and we need to know this kind of
thing, really, before we even load the kernel...

> Is the PMMU  MC68851 or somebody else's?

The 68020 in a Mac II needs the 68851 to run NetBSD.  The 68030 and 040
have built-in MMUs of their own.  The 68030 MMU is quite similar to the
'851.  The 040's is different.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **